Toks’s work ethics abides by a strict code of conduct.
She is succinct, going to the core of the problem and more, in a very short time.
She listens to what you are not saying. She believes that clarity helps define a person’s decision.
She goes straight to the truth of a situation, always with love.
Following her guidance changes the course of a difficult situation.
She inspires confidence, courage, healing, joy, hope and laughter all around her.
Hello, I am Toks.
Nice to have you here. Thank you for dropping in. I am going to share something personal with you.
At about 10 years old, my mother left my father. I was expecting her to come back with my barbie dolls from London. She never did. At the school assembly hall, in the morning, I heard a voice saying to me: “You will now look after your sister and brothers.” I looked around me, wondering who said this. There was no one around me. There was a line of students in front of the assembly hall with teachers at the side. “OK.”, I said innocently, not knowing what it would entail. I remember making a silent prayer to God immediately, asking for his help and committing to do this: “I will do this. Please help me.”
I never complained or felt hard done by. I was happy; and simply carried out the instruction, with vigour and commitment. This attitude has served me very well in all areas of my life. It was like the Divine was preparing me for my work. So when I got another voice in my ear, another message, that I would NOT have children of my own, and I would look after other peoples children, I said “OK.” This time, I did cry and shout! After the human reaction, I realised the great mission and accepted it. TO SERVE HUMANITY.
Life happens and no matter what, we cry. It is important to cry. Then after a healthy period of whatever negative emotion comes up; we MUST get up, dust everything off, and then, continue with our life. Saying YES to Life is not always an easy thing to do, as we meet our personal (and collective) challenges and difficulties, in any area of our lives: personal, business, relationship, family, etc.
My powerful life experiences and training have empowered me to help people in all sorts of ways. I am truly blessed to be able to do this. As you look through my website, I hope you feel the compassion, healing, commitment I have, to wanting you to be happy and safe.
Let me serve you…
One of the most amazing things about Toks, is that she is always, always there for you, no matter what. Just call her. She finds time and helps you release the goodness in you and the best in you.
Toks is pronounced like the word ‘jokes’ with a ‘T’ instead of the ‘j’. Pronounced ‘Tokes’.
Toks is the daughter of a cricketer, professor, gynaecologist, doctor, teacher of medical students, a Nigerian Chief and Shaman. A lot of his students are now very successful doctors around the world, in UK, USA and Europe. He is fondly remembered for his brilliance and his love of cricket. At his funeral, many women approach Toks to share the miracle her father had created for them. They had better health . They had babies when they were told they would not. May he rest in perfect peace. “RIPP Daddy. RIPP Sir.”
Toks is the daughter of a retired midwife, writer, painter, artist, teacher and sculptor. Her wonderfully intellectual English mother, loves listening to classical music, drinking tea and watching old movies on TV. When she was a midwife she would whisper a prayer into each of the baby’s ears to be happy and safe. Sometimes, Toks would hear her crying, from the pain and suffering, when the mothers or babies were not getting better. What a great heart.
Toks has three younger siblings: her sister: Remi (Architect), and her two brothers: Julian (Surgeon) and Jeremy (Chartered Accountant). All are great teachers and practitioners in their chosen field.
Toks is an abbreviation of the full Yoruba (Nigerian) name, which is Adetokunbo. Nigerian names have deep meaning. Adetokunbo means “The Crown has come from across the Waters.” This is a unisex name given to any child (male or female) born abroad, i.e. across the oceans. So yes, she was born in London and taken home to Nigeria to live. She was brought up the traditional Nigerian way, very strict and very disciplined, with a lot of love. Her She treasures her happy memories.
In terms of numerology, her name ‘Toks’ adds up to 11, a Master Number. She is a water sign, born on the 7th day and the 7th month. So, no surprise, Toks loves the sea.
Toks has raised money for charities such as RNIB, UNICEF, Marie Curie Cancer Care, Everyman and Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity. Please click the link below and support RNIB (Royal National Institute of Blind People) every penny helps. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Toks is a certified Teacher, Healer and Coach. She is currently registered and a member of the following:
REGISTRATION All her disciplines are registered here
- SBRCP: Senior Practitioner of the British Register of Complementary Practitioners BRCP (ICNM)
- MCMA: Full Member of the Complementary Medical Association
- MNFSH: Full Healer Member of the National Federation of Spiritual Healers (now The Healing Trust)
- MICCH: Full Healer Member of the International College of Crystal Healers (ICCH). ICCH is a member of BCMA (British Complimentary Medicine Association)
- Full Healer Member of the Atlanta Association, Teacher: David Furlong
- MAMT: Licensed Member of the Association of Meridian & Energy Therapies
- TAMT: Licensed Trainer of the Association of Meridian & Energy Therapies
- TLTA: Member of the Time Line Therapy Association, Time Line Therapy Practitioner.
- ABNLP: Member of the American Board of Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Registered & Certified NLP Practitioner.
- ABH: Member of the American Board of Hypnotherapy, Registered & Certified Hypnotherapist.
- PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate from City University, 20 September 2001) Teacher: Susan Minns
- ICCH Teacher Training Certificate (International College of Crystal Healing, October 1997) Teacher: Stephanie Harrison
- Universal Healing Tao Instructor (Basic, Inner Smile, 6 Healing Sounds, Microcosmic Orbit, Iron Shirt, 12 February 2016) Teacher: Mantak Chia
- Trainer of Meridian and Energy Therapies (Association for Meridian & Energy Therapies, 8 April 2013) Teacher: Silvia Hartman